Works under supervision of the Environmental Services Manager or designee.
Follows established procedures for washing, handling and processing all
hospital linen and resident clothing in a safe and sanitary manner and
in accordance to Infection Control protocol. Performs other duties as assigned.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
- Follows Hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Strictly adheres to all safety and infection control policies/procedures/protocols.
- Collects, weighs, sorts and logs pounds of soiled linen.
- Loads and operates washer and dryers.
- Transports clean linen to internal customer.
- Maintains linen inventory and usage reports.
- Orders supplies.
- Attends departmental meetings and in-services as required by department.
- Maintains confidentiality of all personnel and patient care and relations
- Complies with the Hospital’s Corporate Compliance Program including,
but not limited to the Code of Conduct, laws and regulations and Hospital policies.
- Must be free from governmental sanctions involving health care and/or financial
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Graduate or GED preferred. Licensure: None
Experience: One year laundry experience in a care setting preferred.
Essential Technical/ Motor Skills: Finger dexterity to fold linen.
Interpersonal Skills: Ability to interact well with co-workers, patients,
visitors and staff.
Essential Physical Requirement: Requires continuous standing and/ or walking
for extended periods of time; requires lifting and carrying 35 pounds.