Clerical & Other
Campbell County Health
Works under the supervision of the Controller. Provides accurate, relevant
and timely information related to the fiscal operations of the hospital.
Responsible for various accounting and financial analysis functions. Performs
other duties as assigned.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
- Prepares and analyzes monthly standard and other journal entries.
- Reviews and analyzes all general ledger accounts and financial statements
at each month end close.
- Assists in the preparation and analysis of monthly financial statements
to ensure financials are accurately stated per GASB/FASB/GAAP.
- Prepares allowance estimates for bad debt and contractuals. Analyzes these
accounts for accuracy and variances.
- Analyzes and reconciles the hospital’s monthly accruals and prepaids,
working in conjunction with accounts payable.
- Assists the hospital’s external auditors at fiscal year-end by preparing
all requested schedules.
- Assists in the preparation and analysis of the hospital’s operating
and capital budget.
- Assists in the coordination of and participates in the collection of all
required cost data related to third party reimbursement.
- Calculates and analyzes clinic physician bonuses timely.
- Ensures physician net cash receipts reconcile to physician bonus calculation.
- Assists CBO with questions regarding reconciling accounts receivable.
- Ensures all clinic accounts receivable and cash accounts are reconciled
and analyzed monthly.
- Actively participates in Strategic Quality Management for the department
and organization. Actively participates in Customer/Guest Relations and
Mandatory Education programs.
- Ensures that expenditures for job related activities are within budgetary
- Follows hospital and department policies and procedures.
- Courteously answers telephones and greets visitors, answers questions in
an appropriate manner, uses AIDET at all times.
- Complies with the hospital’s Corporate Compliance Program including,
but not limited to, the Code of Conduct, laws and regulations, and hospital
policies and procedures.
- Must be free from governmental sanctions involving health care and/or financial
- Ensures confidentiality of all protected information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: 4 year degree in Accounting /Finance
Experience: Minimum 2 years
Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Ability to type and speak clearly, ability
to operate computer and enter data
Interpersonal Skills: Excellent interpersonal communication skills in dealing
with public, co-workers, and hospital management.
Essential Physical Requirements: None
Essential Mental Requirements: Strong working knowledge of accounting.
Good analytical skills and ability to read, interpret and analyze data.
Able to work independently and accurately without close supervision. Ability
to cope with pressures and deadlines.
Essential Sensory Requirements: Sufficient vision, hearing and speech to