Working in conjunction with the Surgical Services Director and OPS/PACU
Clinical Care Supervisor, the RN assesses, plans, implements and collaborates
with other departments to ensure excellence in patient and family care,
reflective of CCMH mission, vision and values. The RN will integrate departmental
goals for improvement across the care continuum. She/he coordinates and
delegates unit and patient care activities, as appropriate, to other health
care providers. The RN practices within the framework of the Wyoming Nurse
Practice Act, American Nurses Association professional standards, National
Patient Safety Goals, and ASPAN Standards of Care.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
- Performs pre-anesthesia evaluation and documents in patient record.
- Develops an age appropriate plan of care, which addresses physical, psychosocial
and spiritual needs, in collaboration with other members of the health
- Implements the plan of care, delegates appropriately and ensures documentation
- Follows-up on ordered tests and initiates interventions as necessary.
- Educates patient and families regarding current health status, and plan of care.
- Provides service excellence to all customers.
- Demonstrates efficient time management and prioritization skills.
- Maintains professional standards related to clinical practice, staffing
and continuing education.
- Practices fiscal responsibility and accountability.
- Actively participates in hospital committees, CQI teams, and Quality Improvement Program.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment.
- May be required to work on other nursing units according to distribution
of staff and patients.
- Adheres to CCMH policies and procedures.
- Complies with the hospital’s Corporate Compliance Program including,
but not limited to, the Code of Conduct, laws and regulations, and hospital
policies and procedures.
- Must be free from governmental sanctions involving health care and/or financial
- Performs other duties as assigned.