Long Term Care Nursing
Campbell County Health
6am - 6:30pm Variable Shift Min $12.00 Mid $15.60
Care Assistant works under supervision of Nurse Director, Administrative
Director of Nursing, RN, and LPN. He/She provides daily care services
to resident/patients. Care Assistant demonstrates a high standard of support
services to the resident/patient/ and nursing staff, while coordinating
services with other resident/ /patient-related activities. Follows established
procedures for cleaning and maintaining careareas, performs other duties
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
- Provides excellent customer service, demonstrates professionalism and courteous
telephone etiquette. Adheres to Standards of Excellence
- Demonstrates flexibility, positive interpersonal relations in high volume.
High traffic fast paced work environment.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment.
- Monitors cleanliness of resident/patient rooms which includes making beds,
removing garbage, dirty linen/clothes, washing bedside tables, and keeping
drawers and closets organized.
- Passes water, ice, clean linens and supplies to resident/patients rooms.
- Adheres to all safety and infection control guidelines.
- Assists dietary staff in passing meal trays and setup per care planMaintains
confidentiality of all personnel, resident/patient care and relation information.
- Transports resident/patients to and from meals and activities.
- Accompany resident/patients to appointments as needed.
- Fills Helios portable oxygen machines utilizing appropriate PPE
- Completes van competency and transports residents as requested
- Cleans equipment per policy and ensures all equipment has supplies needed
to clean in between residents/patients
- Changes personal care hygiene items per policy
- Complies with the hospital/LTC Corporate Compliance Program including,
but not limited to, the Code of Conduct, laws and regulations, and hospital/
LTC policies and procedures.
- Must be free from governmental sanctions involving health care and/ or
- Must have clean driving record
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education: High School Graduate or GED
Must have unencumbered drivers license and on hospital driving list
Must have current Health Provider CPR or Red Cross Professional Rescuer
certification within 60 days of employment
Experience: Customer service, organization and interpersonal customer service