Facilities & Plant
Campbell County Health
Works under supervision of the Environmental Services Manager or designee. Follows established. Procedures for cleaning and maintaining patient/resident areas. Performs other duties as assigned.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
- Follows Hospital/LTC department policies and procedures.
- Selects cleaning materials and supplies, transports to assigned work area.
- Disinfects all areas of the patient/resident rooms, nursing stations, vacuuming hallways, dining rooms,
- activity areas, lobbies, cafeteria, chapel, public restrooms, tub rooms, ancillary areas and all office areas.
- Maintains elevators, stairways vents, light fixtures and all carpeting and floors.
- Responds to patient/ resident housekeeping requests.
- Prepares patient/ resident rooms for new admissions.
- Adheres to all safety and infection control guidelines.
- Complies with isolation policies as indicated by protocol.
- Reports maintenance/repairs issues noted during course of housekeeping work.
- Removes regular and bio-hazard trash according to procedure and protocol in assigned areas.
- Changes soiled cubicle curtains as needed or on a rotating basis.
- Restocks cart at end of shift.
- Cleans and returns all equipment to storage area.
- Attends department meetings as required.
- Maintains confidentiality of all personnel and patient/ resident care and related information.
- Complies with Hospital/LTC Corporate Compliance Program including but not limited to, Code of Conduct, laws and regulations, and Hospital /LTC policies and procedures.
- Must be free from government sanctions involving health care and /or financial practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completes all mandatory educational courses on Healthstream as per hospital policy.
Education: High School Graduate or GED preferred. Licensure: None
Experience: One year EVS experience in a care setting preferred.
Essential Technical/ Motor Skills: Finger dexterity to fold linen.
Interpersonal Skills: Ability to interact well with co-workers, patients, visitors and staff.
Essential Physical Requirement: Requires continuous standing and/ or walking for extended periods of time; requires lifting and carrying 35 pounds.
Essential Mental Abilities: Able to be flexible and to follow instructions.