Get DEEP™ Into Diabetes
Taught by CCH professionals, the Diabetes Empowerment Education Program
(DEEP™) is a free, 12-hour program for community members who either
have diabetes or care for or support an adult who has diabetes.
The classes provide free self-management education so people are empowered
to improve and maintain their quality of life with diabetes. This course
does not provide formal diabetes education or develop personalized medical plans.
Courses will include information on the following topics:
- Understanding the human body and its relation to diabetes
- Understanding risk factors for diabetes
- Monitoring your body
- Physical activity and diabetes
- Controlling diabetes through nutrition
- Identification and prevention of diabetes complications
- Learning about medications and medical care
- Living with a chronic disease: mobilizing family and friends
The course will be held:
Dates: March 6, 13, 22, 27 and April 3 and 10
Time: from 9:30-11:30 am
Location: Campbell County Senior Center, 701 Stocktrail Avenue, Gillette.
Registration is required. Call 307.688.6040 for more information.
Can't see the button, click or copy and paste this link: