The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires all Americans to have health insurance, but many uninsured citizens may be confused about what to do and how to get information.
The State of Wyoming has a program called Enroll Wyoming to help people who need to purchase health insurance, and CCMH has arranged for representatives to come to Gillette next week. These representatives, called "navigators", can help compare different coverage options, find out if people qualify for subsidies and help with the enrollment process. The next event is:
- Monday, December 9, 3-5:30 pm, Gillette College Health Science Education Center, 3801 College Dr.
At this event, you can meet with a navigator to learn about your Affordable Care Health Insurance Marketplace options. What to bring:
- birth dates
- social security numbers (or document numbers for legal immigrants)
- pay stubs, W-2 forms, or "wage and tax statements"
- policy numbers for any current health insurance
- information about any health insurance you or your family could get from your jobs
If you know someone who could benefit from attending this meeting, please forward them this information. There is a Facebook event posted on the CCMH page, and a PDF of the poster can be downloaded here.
For more information regarding the Health Insurance Marketplace, visit enrollwyo.org. You can also learn more about the ACA at