Text-to-911 service is now available in Gillette and Campbell County, Wyoming.
This does not replace calling 911, it is an added service. Calling 911
is preferable to texting, but texting can be used:
- If you are deaf or hard of hearing
- If you are unable to speak into the phone
- If your safety will be compromised by speaking out loud
- If your cell phone signal is low
- If you have difficulty communicating in English.
How to use it:
- Enter 911 in the “To” field
- Enter brief details of the situation, including the location (they won’t
automatically know where you are)
- Push send
- Answer the dispatcher’s questions.
Remember: Just like calling 911, text to 911 is for emergency use only.