Did you know that the week of February 17 is
Random Act of Kindness Week? Members of the Well Life Squad, an internal committee focused on employee
health and wellness, have encouraged employees in the Campbell County
Health system to participate with gift baskets!
Starting February 3, the Squad sent out 12 baskets to different departments
with information on how they could continue to spread kindness to other
departments in the organization, and which department they were to send
the basket to next. Ideas for the baskets included:
- Write positive sticky notes / letters for the departments employees
- Send positive stickers
- Bring water bottles with flavor packets (like True Lemon)
- Give fresh fruit and veggies, or nuts, spice mixes
- Provide healthy snacks or energy bars
- Give dark chocolates or hot cocoa packets with fun sayings on them
- Pay for coffee
- Gift pedometers to encourage movement, stress balls, toothbrushes, puzzles
or brain games like Sudoku, etc.
- Find fun items from The Dollar Store
- Gift pampering items like bath bombs, face masks, lotion, lip balms, etc.
Sharing random acts of kindness can benefit you in the following ways:
- Fuels personal energy and self-esteem
- Makes you happier
- Good for your heart
- Helps you live longer
- Decreases the harmful chemicals in your body
The baskets will likely be distributed throughout the system in Campbell
County, Wyoming through the month of March.
Do you want to help make kindness the norm? Consider checking out the Random
Act of Kindness website at
www.randomactsofkindness.org where there are all kinds of inspiring stories and ideas. You're also
more than welcome to use the Well Life Squad's idea (a picture of
the poster is below!). Help make kindness the norm!
And, if you do participate, consider letting
Kindness Wyoming in on the positivity—they like to share it on Facebook,