health. Improve your
life! Join us at HealthyU.
Meet others who are facing similar long-term life lasting health conditions
and learn how to play a more active role managing your own health condition.
Friends, family and caregivers are all welcome!
Upcoming sessions take place weekly at the Campbell County Senior Center
located at 701 Stocktrail Avenue in Gillette, Wyoming.
The Chronic Health session is form February 11-March 17, with an informational
session on January 28th.
The Chronic Pain session is from March 19 - April 23, with an information
session on March 5th.
Click Here to Register
Can't see the button? Click or copy and paste this link:
This no-cost, six-week program will cover techniques to deal with problems like:
- frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation
- learn appropriate exercise for improving and maintaining strength, flexibility
- discuss the appropriate use of medications
- get tips on communicating effectively with family, friends and health professionals
- dealing with the emotions of your disease
- and practice decision making for better care, how to evaluate treatments
and best foods for a health you.
Examples of long-term or chronic health conditions include, but are not
- heart and blood conditions: high blood pressure, heart disease
- respiratory conditions: COPD, emphysema and asthma
- GI system conditions: Crohn's, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), inflammatory
bowel disease (IBD)
- neurological disorders: multiple sclerosis (MS), stroke, Parkinson's,
Huntington's and Dementia
- mental health conditions: PTSD, anxiety, depression
- autoimmune disorders: fibromyalgia, arthritis
Chronic pain is pain that lasts more than six (6) months, is ongoing or
lasting beyond the expected time for healing.
Space is limited.
For more information, or to register, please call 307.688.6006.
Supported by the
Wyoming Center on Aging,
Wyoming Department of Health and
Campbell County Health.