Parenting classes offered at CCMH
Aug 19, 2010
Two different parenting classes offered at CCMH
CCMH Behavioral Health Services is offering two different parenting classes beginning Wednesday, September 1. Nurturing Parenting Classes and Becoming a Love and Logic Parent are held at Hillcrest Elementary School, 1500 Butler Spaeth Road in Gillette.
Nurturing Parenting Classes are based on the Best Practice, Nurturing Parenting model, a 15-session, group-based program that gives parents and children the tools to learn nurturing ways to:
Each session is 2 1/2 hours, one day per week for 15 weeks. Parents and children attend separate groups that meet concurrently.
- Encourage appropriate behaviors
- Build self-esteem
- Build self-concept
- Learn to have fun as a family
Becoming a Love and Logic Parent is a seven-week program designed by Love and Logic. This program is designed to give parents practical skills that can be used immediately.
These programs are funded by the Wyoming Department of Health with Federal Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grant Funds.
- Both programs begin Wednesday, September 1 from 5:30-8:30 pm
- Dinner is included
- Daycare is provided for children under age 5
- Program fee is $20, refundable upon completion of the class
- All classes held at Hillcrest Elementary School, 1500 Butler Spaeth Rd.
- Please do not call the school for information