Additional Influenza Precautions at Pioneer Manor
GILLETTE, WY - Campbell County Health Infection Preventionist Baerbel Merrill, RN, CIC, has recommended the implementation of additional influenza precautions for residents of Pioneer Manor. Visiting restrictions were implemented earlier this week as a result of the increased risk of influenza. These precautions follow the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines, and include the following:
- A recommendation for all Pioneer Manor residents to receive antiviral medication for a period of five days as prescribed by their physician
- Limit any new admissions to Pioneer Manor until no new cases of influenza have been detected for a period of 72 hours
- A process of containment that includes cancellation of group activities and limited contact with groups of residents at mealtimes
- Daily monitoring of residents and staff for new cases of influenza for seven days
- A recommendation for Pioneer Manor employees at high risk for influenza, or those who have not been vaccinated, to see their physician to receive antiviral medication (per CDC guidelines).
The Wyoming Department of Health has been notified of the additional precautions.