Get DEEP™ Into Diabetes
Taught by CCH professionals, the Diabetes Empowerment Education Program
(DEEP™) is a free, six-week for community members who either have
diabetes or care for or support anyone who has diabetes.
The two-hour classes provide free self-management education so people are
empowered to improve and maintain their quality of life with diabetes.
This course does not provide formal diabetes education or develop personalized
Courses will include information on the following topics:
- Understanding the human body and its relation to diabetes
- Understanding risk factors for diabetes
- Monitoring your body
- Physical activity and diabetes
- Controlling diabetes through nutrition
- Identification and prevention of diabetes complications
- Learning about medications and medical care
- Living with a chronic disease: mobilizing family and friends
Classes are offered:
Dates: Mondays, May 7-June 18, 2018;
No class on Monday, May 28 in observance of Memorial Day.
Time: from 9:30-11:30 am
Location: Campbell County Senior Center, 701 Stocktrail Avenue, Gillette
Registration is required. Call 307.688.3615 for more information.
Campbell County Health’s
Diabetes Education program is nationally recognized by the
American Diabetes Association. Learn more at
This class is made possible with support from
Mountain-Pacific Quality Health