Living at the Legacy
- There are eight neighborhoods, 4 on each level.
- Each neighborhood has a living room, dining room, gas fireplace, activity/sunroom
area, community kitchen and courtyard or balcony. The activity/ sunroom
areas provide space for family gatherings.
- Activities will be offered more frequently and at varying times of the day.
- Each area has a different color palette and the artwork incorporates the
name of each neighborhood. The residents submitted suggestions and voted
on the names. Resident-made glass art will mirror the names.
- Each neighborhood has a central nurse station and CNA workstations located
throughout the neighborhood.
- Download a map of The Legacy floorplans
In addition to the neighborhood spaces, other amenities include a Chapel,
Game Room with a pool table, Movie Theatre, Hair Salon, Spa with tub,
Bistro and Country Store.
Main Floor neighborhoods are:
- Cottonwood Court (Memory Support Unit) – Rooms 1401-1419
- Pine Place – Rooms 1301-1319
- Spruce Street – Rooms 1101-1119 and 1201-1219
Second floor neighborhoods are:
- Birch Boulevard – Rooms 2301-2319 and 2401-2419
- Aspen Avenue – Rooms 2201-2219
Short Term Rehab – Rooms 2101-2119
- 152 private rooms/beds and eight (8) shared bathroom suites (160 beds)
- All rooms are private and range from 175 to 340 square feet.
- Aside from the eight shared suites, every room has its own accessible bathroom/shower
Each room is furnished with an in-wall oxygen, small refrigerator, a TV
with basic cable, built-in dresser/closet, full-length mirrors, and an
electric recliner. Each room has independent climate control and free
Meals and Refreshments
Meals will be offered in the neighborhood dining rooms with the main entrée
served from the kitchen. Additional options are available from the Bistro
and the Community Kitchen adjacent to every dining room.
Residents’ personal laundry and linens will be processed at Campbell
County Health for the first quarter of business (approximately November
2016 - January 2017) and then equipment and staff will be in place to
begin processing laundry at The Legacy.
With its convenient location just inside the front door of The Legacy,
the Bistro will serve a limited selection of Starbucks brand beverages,
pastries, soup and sandwiches. The Bistro is open to the community. Bistro's
hours are 8 am-3 pm, Monday-Friday, and 10 am-2 pm on weekends (Saturday
and Sunday); excluding holidays.
Residents, visitors, and employees will be able to purchase snacks, personal
care items, cards and accessories in this retail space. In addition, residents
will sell the glass art they make during therapeutic activities. The Country
Store is open to the public, staffed by volunteers and adjacent to the Bistro.
The Resident Council meets regularly to discuss current events, facility
issues and other concerns of importance to residents. The council meets
with The Legacy staff to develop solutions. Officers of the Resident Council
are elected by The Legacy residents and serve for a one year term. The
Resident Council serves as a voice for your opinions and suggestions,
and meets regularly to discuss current events, facility issues and other
concerns of importance to residents. Residents are invited and encouraged
to attend each meeting. The council also assists Recreation staff with
planning special events and activities. This is an opportunity to voice
opinions and implement change.
Find The Legacy Living and Rehabiliation Center at:
Location: 1000 S. Douglas Highway, Gillette, Wyoming 82716
Administrator: Jonni Belden, RN