Open Accessibility Menu

CCMH receives A rating from Leapfrog

  • Posted On:
  • Written By: Andy Fitzgerald, CEO
CCMH receives A rating from Leapfrog

In October, Campbell County Health (CCH) was notified that Campbell County Memorial Hospital had been rated as an A level hospital in terms of the Leapfrog hospital quality and safety program. From Leapfrog’s own website, this is the gist of their stated mission:

The Leapfrog Group is a national nonprofit organization driving a movement for giant leaps forward in the quality and safety of American health care.

Every employer in the nation, whether large or small, is focused on reducing their health care cost. They are striving to understand not only the cost but the value for that cost. A significant part of that equation is the quality and safety of the care their employees and their employees’ family members receive.

Leapfrog’s mission is to provide information to these employers on the safety and quality of the organizations from which they are receiving that care. CCH is one of more than 2,600 hospitals in the United States given a safety rating by Leapfrog. Across the country, approximately 30 percent of hospitals rated by Leapfrog received an A rating, and the other 70 percent fall into a lower category of B through F. In Wyoming, only CCH and one other organization were designated as A-rated facilities.

What does all this mean? There are many organizations rating hospitals on a variety of standards, whether quality, financial, patient experience, or some other area of operations. Quite frankly, none of them are perfect. We are not striving to reach the Leapfrog A rating, the CMS 4 or 5 star rating, or the U.S. News and World Report Top 100—although we are certainly happy about positive ratings when they come.

What we are striving for is to become the safest, most high quality organization we can possibly be, and that journey will never end. The central theme of Excellence Every Day is that every employee, every day does her or his best in treating and serving our patients, our residents, our customers, and our entire community.

To all of our employees and medical staff, I can only say thank you for being a part of our mission to serve our community by providing a lifetime of care with dedication, skill, and compassion.

~ Andy

  • Category: CCH News, CCMH News, CEO Blog Post