Open Accessibility Menu

Who Will Care for Me?

As a patient in the Emergency Department (ED) you will be cared for by a team of highly skilled professionals.

These may include:

  • Medical Doctor (MD or DO) - He or she has overall responsibility for your care. A doctor sees each and every patient. Doctors communicate with laboratory, x-ray, ambulance personnel, as well as doctors and other staff when necessary. List of Providers
  • Registered Nurse (RN) - A licensed healthcare professional who is supervised by an ED doctor. He or she is skilled in identifying health issues, treating emergency medical conditions, communicating with the doctor and assisting you toward a full recovery. Nurses often facilitate communication among other areas such as laboratory, x-ray and ambulance personnel.

Treatment occurs in one of our 12 private treatment rooms or two trauma rooms. Once in the treatment area a nurse is assigned to be your primary care coordinator. The ED doctor will evaluate your condition and order any necessary tests such as blood work or x-rays. The doctor may also contact your personal physician or medical provider. You will be asked the same questions many times - this is to ensure accurate, safe and appropriate care.

When test results are available, the ED doctor will review them and discuss them with you. He or she will also develop and discuss with you a treatment plan based on the test results. Most patients are treated and released but it may be necessary to be admitted to the hospital or transferred to another facility for further care.

What happens at discharge?

You could be discharged and sent home, admitted to the hospital or transferred to another facility, depending on the appropriate course of care for you. If you are discharged to go home, you will receive instructions on how to care for yourself, referred to another doctor or advised to follow-up with your regular doctor.

You will also be given a phone number to call if you continue having problems. You may need to return to the emergency care department if you experience additional problems.

You are responsible for your own transportation home.

Cab/Taxi/Transportation in Gillette, Wyoming:

  • Campbell County Senior Center Bus, 307-682-8279
  • City Cab CO & Couriers, 307-685-1000
  • DC Cab, LLC, 307-299-8294
  • Need A Ride, 307-363-5054
  • Road Runner Taxi, 307-670-8451
Related Blogs